TBT Logo

TBT Logo

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Because to travel is to experience

Indeed I travel to see the world. I flew thousand miles to see The Eiffel Tower. I went through the hassles of applying a Jordan Visa and braved myself to trave alonel to the Middle East to see Petra. But more than seeing, I travel to experience. To, for a few days, immerse myself to cultures I know I will never experience at the heart of my home. 

 Here are some funny, or maybe not, experiences I've had during my journeys:

 1. Rode a boat from Caticlan to Boracay for free in the company of Korean tourists, because the tour guide thought I was Korean. 

 2. Pretended that I am a Chinese national in Jordan, then ran away after a local showed me a Chinese coin and asked its history.

 3. Watched a 'criticically acclaimed' film in NY alone, with just 3 other moviegoers inside the cinema.

 4. Heard a gun shot while camping in Cagbalete, then slept holding a fork as a defensive weapon in case something happens.


 5. Practiced French, and used it to asked direction from a local police. Then gave him the funniest face when he answered me, of course, in French!

 6. Hurriedly queued in line for a wrong flight because I couldn't understand what the announcer is announcing. Hey, Spanish & Italian are still different!

 7. Beaches in Panglao are so stunningly beautiful that it made us almost missed our flight. What we did so not to miss it? We went straight to the airport wearing what we wore while swimming! 



 8. Literally carried by my tour guide (like how a groom carries his bride after the wedding) on the way back to the city after hiking the mountains of Petra because my foot was swelling. I was in crutches the week before my travel.

 9. Missed to have a picture together with Mickey Mouse because we prioritized our hungry stomach. "He's sleeping" said the Disneyland crew when we asked where's Mickey after we had our meal. Happy tummy, sad lesson learned.

10. Ran to the airport like it's the end of the world the moment the plane touched the ground, bumping everyone, and heard someone say: "Natatae Yun." Thank you for understanding. 

How about you, any funny, unforgettable experience to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment